January 2020 is the inaugural Winters Theatre Company 10-minute play festival! We encourage local playwrights to submit their scripts for consideration!
What are the Submission Guidelines?
- Open to playwrights 18 and older
- No theme for the festival. Various script story lines are acceptable.
- No application fees
- No more than 3 scripts per playwright
- Must be original, unpublished scripts
- 10-minute maximum time limit per script (10-minutes in a read through with pauses and blocking)
- Script should only require minimalist props. Portability desired. Let the script tell the story, not the props.
- Playwright must indicate if they will direct the play if their script is selected, or indicate who they would like to direct, if applicable.
Submission Method (Required Form)
Submission Deadline is Friday November 1st
- Friday 11/1 at 5:00 pm Pacific time is the deadline. Scripts submitted after this time and date will not be considered.
Scripts Selected for Festival to be Announced by Friday November 15th
- An email will be sent to each of the playwrights of the selected scripts. No more than 10 scripts will be selected for the inaugural festival.
Audition Dates December 18th and 19th
- Audition dates are Wednesday December 18th and Thursday December 19th at the Winters Community Center at 201 Railroad Avenue in Winters. Playwrights/directors can use the audition dates to select the cast for their script, if they have not previously done so.
- Each director is responsible for doing call backs and casting.
- Rotational audition (15 minutes per play/director) so that each actor can audition for multiple plays, if desired.
Rehearsal Dates/Locations to be Arranged by Directors
- Individual directors will be responsible for arranging space for rehearsals prior to tech week. The individual directors are also responsible for creating a rehearsal schedule, communicating with actors, designing and developing all costumes and props, and for bringing props and costumes to tech week and shows.
- The individual directors and/or their cast are responsible for getting things on and off the stage. NOTE: There will be a maximum of 2 minutes between each performance, so that must be considered during rehearsal.
- No stage manager will be available through the Winters Theatre Company, however if the director wants to recruit someone, that is their own responsibility.
Tech Week Reserved at the Winters Community Center
- The Winters Theatre Company has the Winters Community Center reserved for tech week, Monday January 20th through Thursday January 23rd from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
- The Winters Theatre Company will not provide a venue for rehearsals before tech week.
Performance Dates and Times and Location
We’ll be performing the last weekend of January (24th -26th) the Winters Community Center at 201 Railroad Avenue in Winters:
- Show times on Friday and Saturday January 24th and 25th at 7:30pm.
- Show time on Sunday January 26th at 5:00pm.
- Tickets will be $12 general and $10 seniors/children 12 and under
Marketing of Play Festival and Selected Plays
The Winters Theatre Company will promote the festival and selected plays via its website, social media, email blasts, postcards, and posters. Individual directors and cast members are encouraged to promote the festival as well.
We appreciate your interest and support and can’t wait to read your scripts!