Welcome to the Second Annual 10-Minute Play Festival…in an All-New Format!
The second annual Winters Theatre Company (WTC) 10-minute play festival will be in an online podcast format. The podcast will consist of 2 acts with 4 plays each, similar in format to the live performances at our inaugural 10-minute festival in January 2020.
This podcast format will ensure that we can still produce the festival in a COVID-safe environment!
We’re looking forward to entertaining you in a new way!
What is a Podcast and How Will the Podcast be Made Available?
A podcast is an audio recording, with no video component. The audio recording will contain a recording of each of the plays selected for the play festival, and the finalized audio recording will be posted on the WTC website.
Once available on Saturday January 23, 2021, you will be able to enjoy the audio recording at your convenience on your desktop or laptop computer, or on your smart phone or tablet!
Important Dates to Know
- Friday November 6, 2020 (5:00pm PST): Play submission(s) and application(s) due
- Monday December 7, 2020: Winners of script submissions announced
- Saturday January 23, 2021: Second Annual Winters Theatre Play Released in Podcast Format!
Play Submission Guidelines
- Any play submission must come directly from the original playwright/author of the play. Scripts that have been produced previously, as well as those not produced before, are eligible for submission.
- Any author who does not intend to direct the play must have someone identified as the director for the 10-minute play festival.
- Each script must be one that can be fully performed (including all additional audio sources such as music and other sound effects) in 10-minutes or less.
- Scripts will be selected, in part, based on their overall length, cast number, and the ability of the script to tell the story without reliance on props, costumes, or visual expression.
- The recorded performances will be audio only. This will be a factor in the play selection decisions, and directors will need to consider this as they are casting and rehearsing each play.
- Those submitting scripts for the festival must be 18 years of age or older.
- All roles and members of the cast in the 10-minute play selections must be 18 years of age or older, and we encourage play submissions to have 3 or fewer roles given the audio format.
Directing and Recording Guidelines
- The director will be responsible for coordinating their own rehearsal schedules and format, auditions, and casting. WTC will not be coordinating any live auditions; however WTC can assist in putting out a call for auditions as needed.
- The director is responsible for securing all additional sounds effects required for the recording of their play.
- WTC will not provide technical assistance or software for virtual rehearsal space. This must be coordinated by the director of the play.
- Each director will be responsible for providing a FINAL RECORDING of the play that includes all sound effects. WTC will be responsible for creating the master podcast file using the recording that the director provides.
- WTC will manage the packaging of the recordings, editing, and publishing of the final work.
Play Submission Application Form
A completed 2021-10-minute play-application-and-guidelines form is required for each script submission and must be emailed to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 11/6/2020 at 5:00 pm PST.
There is a limit of 3 play submissions per author for the 10-minute play festival.
Click the link below to complete the application form:
Thank you for your interest in our second annual play festival!